What is a Dofollow Link?
A Dofollow link is a link that passes on SEO linkjuice, which helps to Ranking of the website associated with the corresponding link. This means that the website will then be ranked higher in the search engine ranking results (SERPS) appears.
To understand why this type of link works, we need to examine how Google and other search engines work. If your website has a backlink (Hyperlink) gets linking to your site, they get an SEO boost. Therefore, the more small SEO boosts you get for your website, the better the long-term Ranking of your website.
The reason why you get an SEO boost is because Google takes note of a page, the number of inbound links and the type of websites they come from. If Google sees a lot of genuine links to a particular page, then it classifies your website as a great page that gets a lot of referrals and will therefore give the Ranking of this website rank higher. Overall, therefore, dofollow links help a website to be indexed more effectively, to crawl and to rank.
What is the difference between Do-Follow links and No-Follow links?
Do Follow links are links that allow search engines to crawl the linked page and add its Ranking to influence. No follow links, on the other hand, are links that tell search engines not to crawl the linked page, or to give its Ranking should influence. As a rule, No Follow links are used when the linker does not want his own website to be influenced by the Ranking profits from the linked page or if he doubts the authenticity or credibility of the linked page.
It is important to note that No Follow links do not have a negative impact on the Ranking of a linked page. They are simply ignored when it comes to the Ranking of a page to be calculated. However, they can still be useful because they can Traffic from the linking page to the linked page and thus can increase the visibility of the linked page. Some experts also argue that no follow links are an indication that a page is authentic and trustworthy, as it does not try to sell its Ranking through unethical methods such as link spamming.
Checking whether a link is Dofollow or NoFollow
There are several ways to check if a link is marked as "dofollow" or "nofollow" is marked:
- Manual detection of do-follow and no-follow links:
- Open the web page with the link you want to check in your web browser.
- Right-click on the link and select "Examine item" or "Examine" (depending on your Browser).
- The HTML code for the link appears in your browser's developer tools. The link is called an "a" (anchor) tag.
Now you need to examine the code to determine if it is a Do-Follow or No-Follow link:
- Use of a Browser-Plug-ins: There are many free Browser-plug-ins that automatically highlight the "nofollow" links. One example is the "NoDoFollow" plug-in for Firefox and Chrome. After installing the plug-in, all the "nofollow" links in the web page will be highlighted in red.
- Use of an online tool:
NoFollow Simple (Chrome and Firefox): This Browser-Add-on highlights no-follow links on web pages by drawing a dashed frame around them. It also displays the "rel" attribute in the tooltip when you hover over the link.
SEOquake (Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari): SEOquake is a comprehensive SEO extension that displays a variety of information about web pages, including the display of do-follow and no-follow links. You can have the links color-coded directly on the web page to make them easier to identify.
MozBar (Chrome and Firefox): MozBar is another SEO tool that highlights Do-Follow and No-Follow links on web pages, among other things. You can set the links to have different colors depending on whether they are Do-Follow or No-Follow.
Advantages of Dofollow links in your link building campaign
Den Dofollow Backlinks has been given some leeway with Google's guidelines, but even though Google imposes strong restrictions when it comes to dofollow links, they still offer some great advantages when it comes to the Link building. Here are some of those benefits below:
- SEO Boost: Great content, along with a dofollow link, on a high quality website can really help you improve your website'sRanking and improve your SEO performance. The more dofollow Backlinks you create in a healthy way, the more Traffic it brings to your website and the more you will outperform your competition.
- Indexing is faster: Dofollow links can be crawled by Google faster and indexed which allows your website or content to be indexed faster. For this reason, it is ideal to try to create dofollow links using white hat link building methods.
- More Traffic: Dofollow links have the ability to bring more visitors to your website or blog, as readerships from other websites and blogs will connect directly to you. With a dofollow link, you have more opportunities to let new visitors discover your content and websites.
Some of the disadvantages of Do Follow links are that they are hard to get and they can be easily abused. Some website owners will try to give unwanted links to other websites in order to improve their own rankings. This can lead to a bad reputation for the site in question.
Do Follow links can be useful in many situations. They are most commonly found in blogs, forums, comments, and social networks. Do Follow links can also be used to help a page rank better with search engines.
10 ways to get dofollow links:
- Writing guest posts: Write guest posts for other websites and get a backlink for it.
- Giving interviews: Offer interviews for other websites or podcasts and get a backlink to your website.
- Sponsors: Become a sponsor of an event or project and get a backlink on your sponsor page.
- Partnerships: Seek partnerships with other companies or organizations and arrange for Backlinks as part of the agreement.
- Testimonials: Leave testimonials on other websites and get a backlink on your "About Us" page or LinkedIn profile.
- Events: Mention your website in connection with events you attend or organize and get a backlink from the event website.
- Networking Groups: Join networking groups and link to your website in your profile or in posts you make.
- Infographics: Create and share infographics online and get a backlink from the website where they are shared.
- Online presence: Use social media and other online platforms to promote your website and Backlinks from there.
- Free tools or resources: Create free tools or resources and get Backlinks from the websites they use.
Why nofollow links are also important for a natural link profile
Nofollow links are important for a natural backlink profile because they help prevent a website from being penalized unnecessarily by search engine algorithms. Search engines like Google use Backlinks, in order to Relevance and authority of a website. However, if a website has too many Backlinks has from questionable or unnatural sources, this can be seen as an attempt to manipulate their search engine rating.
By using nofollow links, you signal to search engines that you have deliberately placed a link, but that you are not recommending the landing page. This can help ensure that your site is not considered part of a link network and thus not penalized.
It is also important that a website has a balanced mix of follow and nofollow links, as this provides a natural backlink profile. A website that has only follow links may appear unnatural and be penalized by search engines, while a website that has only nofollow links may have difficulty improving its search engine ranking.
In summary, nofollow links help maintain a natural backlink profile and thereby reduce the risk of being penalized by search engines.
What makes a natural link relationship?
- Natural ratioFirst of all, you need to know that a "natural" link profile does not have a fixed dofollow to nofollow ratio. It really depends on your industry, your target audience and the content. But as a rough guide, a mix of about 70% dofollow to 30% nofollow links is often considered "natural".
- Why not ignore Nofollow?: You might be wondering why you should have nofollow links at all if they don't provide direct SEO juice. Well, they can still Traffic and Google also recognizes a natural link profile better if nofollow links are also included.
- Think of it like a dietIf you eat only junk food (poor quality dofollow links), your health (SEO) will suffer. A little bit of vegetables (nofollow links) won't hurt, even if it's not your favorite food.
- Be flexibleSometimes it doesn't work out to achieve the ideal ratio, and that's okay. The most important thing is that you have a diverse link profile. If you find that you have too many dofollow links, try to get some quality nofollow links to restore the balance.
- Observe and adaptA relationship that works today may not be ideal six months from now. So stay on the ball and adjust your strategy if necessary.
- Don't believe in the "one size fits all" approach.Myth: Different websites, industries, and niches can have completely different "healthy" dofollow to nofollow ratios. Look at the competition to get a better idea of what is normal in your field.
Think of it like a cocktail. Too much of one ingredient and the taste suffers. A balanced ratio is the goal, but the "right" mix can vary from bar to bar (or in our case, website to website).
Do follow links can be an effective way to Traffic, authority and Range for a website to increase. When used correctly, do follow links can help increase a website's visibility in search engines and improve rankings. However, they can also be abused, which can lead to a bad reputation for the site in question.« Back to Glossary Index