The Google Ads Editor is a free, downloadable tool from Google that is specifically designed to handle large amounts of Google Ads-Manage campaigns efficiently. With it, you can make changes offline and then upload all the changes at once.
How to use the Google Ads Editor:
- Download and installation: You can use the Google Ads Editor directly from the Google website. Then install it like any other program.
- Load account: Launch the editor and log in with your Google Ads-account. Then load the account or the specific campaigns you want to edit.
- Offline editing: You can now make any changes you want to your campaigns, ad groups, keywords, etc. without being online. This is especially useful for major revisions.
- Mass changesUse the bulk change functions to change bids, texts or URLs in multiple ads at the same time.
- Preview and reviewBefore uploading changes, you can check them in the editor and make sure everything is correct.
- Upload changesWhen you are satisfied with your changes, click on "Upload changes". Your customizations will then be uploaded to your Google Ads-account.
Best Practices for the Google Ads Editor:
- Regular backupsBefore you make any major changes, make a backup of your current account balance. This will allow you to return to a previous state if necessary.
- Use templatesIf you often create similar campaigns or ad groups, create templates in the editor to save time.
- Use the editor for large tasks: For simple changes the online interface of Google Ads will be sufficient. But if you need to edit many ads or keywords at the same time, the Google Ads Editor unbeatably efficient.
- Watch for error messagesThe editor alerts you to errors or problems before you upload changes. Pay attention to it and correct the indicated problems to avoid problems in the live account.
- Regular updatesGoogle regularly updates the editor with new features and improvements. Make sure you always use the latest version.
Google Ads Editor offers a number of benefits, including increased efficiency, the ability to work with multiple accounts simultaneously, the ability to make large amounts of changes quickly, and the ability to make changes without needing an Internet connection. It also offers a number of features that make working with Google Ads facilitate, such as the automatic application of changes, the ability to save changes before they are applied, and the ability to create and review audits.
Google Ads Editor has some drawbacks, including the fact that it does not include all the features and options available through the Google Ads-interface are available. It also doesn't include all account features, such as setting up ad groups and managing keywords. It can also be complicated to change settings and add new campaigns.
Google Ads Editor is a useful tool, especially for advertisers who need to make large amounts of changes to their accounts. It is also useful for advertisers who need to manage their accounts on different computers.
An example of how Google Ads Editor can be used is the creation of a new campaign. With Google Ads Editor, advertisers can create a new campaign without needing an Internet connection. They can add keywords, create ad groups, write ads and then manage their campaign via the Google Ads-publish interface.
Another example is the management of keywords. With Google Ads Editor, advertisers can add, edit and delete keywords. They can also edit keywords in multiple accounts simultaneously without switching pages.
The Google Ads Editor is a powerful tool that can be used by any Google Ads-user should have in his toolbox, especially if you work with large campaigns or want to make many changes at once. With offline access, bulk editing features, and the ability to review changes before uploading, it offers added flexibility and efficiency compared to the online version of Google Ads. As with any tool, it is important to know its functions and use it responsibly.« Back to Glossary Index