Definition of the .ws domain
Under a .ws domain is understood to mean a top-level domain (TLD), which is registered to the island nation of Samoa. .ws is an abbreviation for "Web Site" and is mainly used as an alternative to .com.
Use of the .ws domain
The .ws domain serves as an alternative to the .com domain if it is already taken or the name has already been registered. It is mainly used as a domain name for websites, online stores and other web services. It is also possible to register a .ws domain directly as an e-mail address.
Advantages and disadvantages of using the .ws domain
- Can be used as an alternative to .com if that name is already taken.
- Easy to remember and understand.
- Can be used directly as an email address.
- Is not as well known as .com.
- May be confused with other TLDs, such as .net or .org.
The cost of a .ws domain are similar to other TLDs. They may vary depending on the provider and registration period.
.ws domains are often used for fraudulent websites and similar purposes, but that does not mean they cannot be used for legitimate websites. It is possible to use a .ws domain to use to create and run a reputable website.
.ws domains can be registered through various providers. Most providers offer an easy and fast registration. There are also many providers that offer free domain names.
.ws domains are registered by Samoa Nic. This is the official registry for .ws domains.
- An entrepreneur can use a .ws domain register if the .com domain is already taken.
- A blogger can create a .ws domain register to host his blog and identify himself with his own domain name.
A .ws domain is a good alternative to a .com domain if the desired domain is already taken. It is easy to remember and can be used directly as an email address. It can also be used for serious websites. The costs are similar to other TLDs and the registration is easy and fast.« Back to Glossary Index