Micro Influencer are people who have a large number of followers online, but have a significantly smaller following compared to other "influencers". These are often people who specialize in a particular niche, such as fashion, travel, sustainability, or sports. The followers of these Micro Influencer are predominantly authentic and value the content they produce.
Micro Influencer offer companies some advantages. For example, these individuals are usually more authentic and relate their Followers into their content. In addition, the cost of working with a Micro Influencer significantly lower than for other influencers. This can be a big advantage when companies are working with a tight budget.
One disadvantage of working with micro influencers is that these individuals usually only have a limited number of followers. This makes it much more difficult to achieve a broad Range for one campaign. In addition, the costs for several Influencer rise quickly, which can also be a disadvantage.
Companies use Micro Influencer often to address a specific target group with a specific niche. These use cases include, for example, campaigns in which a specific product or service is to be promoted, but also general marketing campaigns in which the target group is to be addressed.
1. a company that launches a new fashion collection can Micro Influencer to promote the collection. These people can then present different outfits from the collection and showcase their Followers invite to buy the collection.
2. a company that launches a new brand of outdoor equipment can Micro Influencer use to promote the brand. These people can then showcase different outfits they have accessorized with the gear and showcase their Followers encourage to buy the equipment.
What to look for when choosing the right micro influencer
1. create a list of features and characteristics that you want to Micro Influencer e.g. follower count, engagement and niche.
2. check the profiles of the Micro Influencer carefully to make sure they fit your brand.
3. research what kind of content the Influencer posts and how he reacts to others.
4. make sure that the Influencer communicates well with your target audience.
5. measure and analyze the influencer's performance before entering the campaign.
6. observe the Traffic and the Range of the influencer to gain a better understanding of the target audience.
7. use multi-channel marketing to generate more traffic to the campaign.
8. create multiple creativity guidelines for the Influencer, so that he or she can produce creative content within the schedule you provide.
9. pay attention to the price that the Micro Influencer for its services and compare it to other influencers in the same niche.
10. make sure that the Micro Influencer supports your values and your brand.
Micro Influencer are a great way to target a specific audience with a specific niche. They offer companies an authentic and cost-effective way to launch a campaign. However, they are not always the best choice when it comes to reaching a broad Range to achieve. However, this is a very common requirement criterion for campaigns and should therefore be taken into account when selecting the Influencer be observed.« Back to Glossary Index