Most people nowadays have access to the Internet and this is used for a wide variety of purposes. For example, you can communicate with friends worldwide, do online shopping without worrying, or even watch movies or series on various streaming platforms. However, there is another useful advantage of the Internet, which is theE-Learning!
This way, you can conveniently acquire new knowledge within the four walls of your own home. In doing so, it is even possible to obtain a certified degree through the Internet. With this latest technology in e-learning, it now seems that even the impossible is possible.
What is e-learning?
E-Learning is commonly referred to as eLearning or online learning. Essentially, it describes learning within the Internet through courses offered online. This also includes live lectures, video conferences or online seminars (Webinare) possible. In this way, all participants can express their opinion on a certain topic and interact and discuss with other participants. One of the main advantages of accessing pages on the Web is that most websites have hyperlinks that take you to other interesting pages, providing a large amount of information on the Net.
If you do not have the time to attend seminars or courses at a university, this is not a problem because of E-Learning no longer a problem nowadays. With the various courses available online, you can easily access them from home to learn in the comfort of your own home. This makes it possible to use them whenever you want, to achieve the best learning result. Thus, you can complete the course at your leisure and at your convenience.
A web-based course typically offers additional course materials, such as slides, handouts, or additional syllabi. In addition, it is often possible to communicate via discussion forums or an email exchange if there are still questions about the content.
But besides the advantages, are there also limitations in practice? The following is a neutral look at the E-Learning to work out possible advantages and disadvantages.
Advantages of e-learning
- You have the option to consume the various content in several different forms.
- It is a very efficient way to expand one's knowledge.
- It is flexible and customizable, as the materials are accessible from anywhere and at any time.
- Everyone has the opportunity to use the web-based learning.
- E-Learning promotes active and independent learning.
- It is a very convenient method and you do not have to rely on anyone.
- Discussion forums and chats allow you to interact with other participants and share content.
- The video instructions that are shown at the E-Learning are provided, you can watch as many times as you want, in case a topic was not understood right the first time.
Disadvantages of e-learning
- Since online just about anyone is able to offer courses, a lot of content can be published which is marginally reputable.
- Often you don't know the person who published the online program, which doesn't ensure the competence of that instructor.
- The ratings of a course may have been manipulated by computer, making it difficult to distinguish between high-quality - and non-high-quality Content to distinguish.