Below The Fold is a term used in print and online journalism. It refers to the content that is below the first visible line on a website, blog, or newspaper print page. The term originates in the newspaper industry and is often used in the context of digital media design.
Below The Fold offers a number of advantages. It is a useful tool to draw the reader's attention to specific content. Another advantage is that it allows the reader to find important information faster without having to read the entire text.
A disadvantage of Below The Fold is that it can lead readers to read less content than intended. If readers only read the visible content, they may miss important information. In addition, it's difficult to get readers to scroll to the bottom of a page.
Below The Fold can be useful in a variety of use cases. It can be used to highlight important information that a reader should not overlook. It can also be used to increase reader loyalty by encouraging them to read more content.
An example of the use of Below The Fold is the use of embedded videos. When a reader goes to a page, a video can be displayed at the bottom of the page, encouraging readers to learn more.
Another example is the use of links at the end of an article. These links can direct readers to additional resources that may interest them.
10 practical use cases for Below the Fold & Above The:
- You would like to use your Landing Page design so that the most important information is visible at first glance, without the user having to scroll.
- You want important call-to-action buttons (CTAs) to be visible above the fold to ensure users see and click on them.
- You want your header area to stay Above the Fold so it's always visible when the user scrolls.
- You want important product images to stay Above the Fold so they're always visible and users take notice.
- You want a video to stay Above the Fold so users can see it without scrolling.
- You want important customer reviews to be visible Above the Fold so users can see them without scrolling.
- You want important social media links to stay Above the Fold so users can easily reach them.
- You want your footer area to be Below the Fold remains so that he is not constantly in the way.
- You want your blog feed to be Below the Fold remains so that users have to scroll through the most important content before they get to less important content.
- You want ads Below the Fold be displayed so that they do not interfere with users browsing your website.
Below The Fold is a useful tool for browsing digital media. It allows the author to highlight certain content to increase reader loyalty. However, it can also cause important information to be overlooked. It is therefore important when using Below The Fold to be careful to ensure that all important information is visible.« Back to Glossary Index